Southwest are in solid state with the leading presidential candidate and leader of All Progressives Congress APC, Asiwaju Bol Ahmed Tinubu, BAT, In what look like resolute and serious determination to succeed the incumbent president of federal republic of Nigeria, Mohammadu Buhari GCFFR.
Notable politicians like Senator Ganiyu Solomon, Senator Adegbenga Kaka, Senator Iyiola Omisore, Senator Soji Akanbi and the host of others in connection and conjunction with SWAGA’23 group, the only leading movement known for routing for Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu SWAGA’23 has taken another giant strides as they launched another milestone under the aegis of “Asiwaju Delegates” at Kakanfo Inn and Conference Centre Ibadan, Oyo State on the 17th of February to deliberate on the forthcoming convention of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and to once again deliberate on the interest of their leader in the Presidential Electoral Contest of 2023 where they resolved as follows.
Their communique includes the following:
1. That we are fully in support of the presidential ambition of His Excellency Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and shall continue to advocate and network for same.
2. That we are in support of the decision of the Caretaker (Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee (CECPC) of our great party led by His Excellency Mai Mala Buni to hold our National Convention on the 26th day of February, 2022.
3. We shall continue to support every decision of our party that is devoid of injustice, arbitrariness or any attempt to disenfranchise legitimate party members from exercising their democratic rights in line with our party constitution and extant rules…
4. We are opposed to all moves and decisions that will not allow the upcoming national convention to be contested by willing party members in an atmosphere devoid of any imposition and unpopular consensus arrangements.
5. We are opposed to any proposed amendment seeking to exclude former and serving members of the National Assembly of our party APC from National Convention OR any proposed amendment seeking to alter the membership of the party’s National Convention as presently composed as this is tantamount to “changing the rules in the middle of the game” because of primordial vested interests and such will not encourage popular participation in the National Convention and Presidential primaries and will definitely rob the party of robust contest and emergence of candidates by popular choice.
6. That by all known convention and democratic tenets, former and serving National Assembly members are ranking party members and statesmen that play vital roles in party management and critical democratic process across all parties thus the question is: “who benefits from their removal.
7. Towards the actualisation our set goal of ensuring the emergence of His Excellency Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu as our presidential candidate for the 2023 elections, we have resolved to continue to hold periodic meetings as and when necessary and to further network with other zones of the Country.
In attendance were about 100 statutory delegates and mostly former senators,members of the house of representatives, principal members of various state’s assembly which includes Hon Oyetunde Ojo,Mrs Ayo Omidiran, Hon Rotimi Makinde,Barr Adetunji Ajagbe, Sunday Adepoju, Hon Ifedayo Abegunde, Ameere, Fijabi, Hon Akeem Munir, Deji Jakande, Yinka Ajayi,Hon Musa Mukaila,Hon Oyatokun Oyekeke,Hon Dayo Bush and many others to mention but just a few.